Sunday, March 30, 2008
Ships are safe in the harbor…but that’s now what ships are made for.
One ship drives east, and another west - With the self-same winds that blow;
'Tis the set of the sails and not the gales That decides the way to go
Like the winds of the sea are the ways of fate,
As they voyage along through life;
'Tis the will of the soul that decides its goal, And not the calm or the strife.
D&C 127 - 2 And as for the perils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; … God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. Francis Drake
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain
Jesus, Savior, pilot me Over life’s tempestuous sea; Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treach’rous shoal. Chart and compass came from thee; Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
As a mother stills her child, Thou canst hush the ocean wild; Boist’rous waves obey thy will
When thou say’st to them, “Be still!” Wondrous Sov’reign of the sea, Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
When at last I near the shore, And the fearful breakers roar ’Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on thy breast, May I hear thee say to me, “Fear not; I will pilot thee.”
I’m between the devil and the deep blue sea.
To the expert navigator, the wind and the waves are but tools to take him where he lists to travel.
Ships give you total freedom - they can go in any direction...oh as long as you have water, wind, no storms and no reefs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment